Dr. Djamaladdin (Jamal) G. Musaev
Curriculum Vitae | Publications
| Presentations | Research
Summary | NATO Conference
Feature article in "Emory Report"
Director, Principal Scientist
Cherry L. Emerson Center for Scientific Computation,
Ph: 404-727-2382; Fax: 404-727-7412
My Scientific Interests are (but not limited to):
* Understanding of fundamental principles of transition
metal-catalyzed (including nano-scale catalysts) nitrogen fixation, hydrocarbon
oxidation, sigma-bond (C-H, C-C etc) activation, alkene/alkyne
boration, and olefin polymerization;
* Design of Solar energy-driven robust multi-electron-transfer
catalysts for water splitting. Problems of Hydrogen production and storage.
* Search for new nano-scale materials with unusual
physicochemical properties and reactivity.
* Elucidate mechanisms of enzymatic processes: Search
for effective drugs against peroxynitrite toxicity. Application of nano-structures
* Seleno-metabolism: A search for effective Se-based
anti-cancer drugs. Se transport mechanism in body.
* Understanding of fundamental principles and mechanisms
of important metalloenzymatic catalysis such as oxidation (MMO, RNR),
nitrogen fixation (FeMoco) and hydrogenation.
* Stereoselective C-H bond Functionalization (oxidation, amodation, alkylation...).
* The development of hybrid computational methods applicable to nano-scaled systems.